Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Another Terrific Tuesday!!!



Here is a photo of my recent sweet springtime success! I planted tulips last fall and I had no idea if they were going to come up or not. Here is my very first one starting to bloom even after the chickens were snacking on it! I planted two different colors this color and a blue or blackish one (I don't remember which) so I am very excited to see my first dark colored one when they finally bloom.

Our weather is back to "normal" for this time of year but it's so nice because I just love going through all the different seasons we have up here in the great lakes region. It was really odd to have 70's and 80's for just over two weeks straight but it was very enjoyable with cookouts and all but its nice to get back to normal spring weather too! 

My rummage sale was semi-successful which I am thankful for but I will not have another rummage sale any time soon. It was very tiring even with all the help I had with the kids! I am still recovering from the fatigue of the last weekend. I have been giving away the remaining items I had and whatever my friends and family can't use will get donated so someone else can use it. Now that I de-cluttered the house it has been a lot easier and simple to pick up in the evening and I just have to do a little bit more organizing and then all I will have to do is maintain the house instead of constantly organizing and re organizing. I will never again own that much clutter to have my own huge yard sale. It feels so refreshing being almost done with organizing the house. Like a breath of fresh spring air! 

Well since today is a very blustery day it's a perfect day to curl up with a blanket and read a book! Right now I am reading a book on the gardening history of my state. It's like walking back in time and learning what grew well in this area without the help of GM seeds. I'm hoping to get a better grasp on what will grow well for me and the whole 'why' and 'how' of it so I can continue saving seeds.

I'm really fortunate that someone did such extensive research on gardening here so I can read it and learn while also learning more on local history!!!

So there you have another Terrific Tuesday here in my part of the country!
~KT~

No comments:

Post a Comment