Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Healthy vs. Unhealthy

After my recent surgery I had been doing lots of research as to the 'why' and 'what' caused me to have to go through this. 

My most important point of this whole thing, which I have heard before but it finally dawned on me as true is: Just because you are thin does NOT mean you are healthy!

One thing affects another and so on down the line so all these skinny people that live on soda, chips and cupcakes, it will catch up to them! I did when I was younger and never gained a pound. Then I went to college and realized that I can and will gain weight so I started eating healthy and working out. Got that problem fixed. Then I got married and got pregnant shortly after. Then I realized that since my body had changed after pregnancy I need to do something different. Got that problem figured out and fixed, but I still ended up having surgery. And here I thought this whole time I was healthy!

Nope.

I was mislead by my BMI. 

Being healthy is not the same thing as being thin.

Getting thin is not getting healthy.

People who want to lost weight should have two goals in mind: Lost weight and get healthy because you can have one and not the other. 

Another goal just got added to the list for this year: get healthy and stay healthy!

~KT~

No comments:

Post a Comment