Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Song for the day





So little, yet so much has happened this month. On this last day of the first month of the new year I had this song pop into my head and thought it interesting how it reflected some of the things I've learned, discovered and realized this past month. It's from the song Indescribable by Chris Tomlin:

"Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God"

I guess that reflects this past month in a song of what all has happened and flames the hope for the coming year knowing that God knows all things.

It's interesting to note that this year I have made several goals, the first one to simplify my life and that is for multiple reasons. Many positive reasons. Life is so... I can't even think of the right word to use for it. I know this train of thought will lead people to think of the movie "It's a Wonderful Life", yet is that not how life is? One thing affects another, which affects another. Much like the domino affect.

I'm not saying this to mean I needed positive affirmation that I, as a person, matter but instead I'm saying this because everything we do, think, say, eat, drink, wear and so on and so forth, affects something else! It's incredible! It affects every aspect of life from health, to our emotions, to our relationships, to our friendship choices, and our families,  and so on. 

Not only that but as a parent I have direct influence on my kids lives for a short time (until mom and dad are like, totally uncool, haha) so its crucial that I model the kind of person I hope they will become. Not just that though, our actions are life encompassing. Even what we eat affects our bodies affecting our metabolism, cell structure, and so on. Our food choices impact what is available for us at the store, affecting what is grown in our country or imported, affecting the soil in our country which can circle around back to us and affecting us. 




Everything is intertwined so its so important to not just be a good citizen or person but think about what you do, why you do it. I don't want to be a non-thinker and just do stuff because "everyone else" does it or someone told me it was good for me. I want to know why I do what I do in order to know what I should be doing, not just following the herd. Seriously, what if the herd is going over a cliff...

It's good to know why you believe what you believe AND (big 'and' here)  be able to explain it efficiently so you can explain why you believe what you believe.

Whatever "it" happens to be in this life (food choices, schooling methods, etc)

Know it, Mean it, Stand for it.

~KT~

No comments:

Post a Comment