Saturday, September 21, 2013

Discouragement to Encouragement

We have been house searching the past week and I have been getting a little discouraged lately. Searching for a home here is not easy but I know God will lead us to the right one in His timing!


Also it seems every time we come to Montana I get sick with something in my throat! It is so bizarre! This time I got cellulitis and a skin infection around my eye on the way out here and now 2 days ago I started having my lymph nodes swelling up in my throat and go figure my neck is stiff and sore.

I'm not sure what is going on with that but it is sure frustrating when you put all that stuff together! This morning I was reflecting on the past month after breakfast when God brought to my mind a verse I learned through many years of summer camping.

Colossians 2:6
"As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord; so walk ye in Him."

That was such an encouragement to me! We have been led into the ministry and while temporary sickness and the temporary discouragement of house hunting have distracted me all I have to do is continue following Christ! These things that have turned into discouragement have now been put down to their proper size. A little stone in the road of life that obviously will come up now and then as you go down a path. You just step over them and continue going!

"So walk ye in Him".

Yes, that is what I choose to do today. Bye bye discouragement!

~KT~

No comments:

Post a Comment