Monday, January 14, 2013

Cold Weather Chaser

I found the perfect Cold Weather Chaser today. . . 



A nice, warm, wonderful mug full of Curried Lentil Stew!
 
*olive oil

*small onion, chopped
* 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
*1/2 can of diced, canned potatoes
*1quart of home canned tomatoes
*1 1/2 cups dried lentils
* salt and pepper to taste
*1 tsp dried basil
*2 Tbl curry powder
*1 bouillon cube (whatever kind on hand)
*1-2 cups of water to desired consistency 
*cinnamon to garnish
 ~ Saute onion and garlic in olive oil. Add potatoes and tomatoes and lentils. Stir well and bring to simmer. Add seasonings and water. Let simmer until lentils are tender (time varies depending on type of lentil you are using). Serve nice and hot with a dash of cinnamon on top!  

I made this recipe up using only what I happened to have on hand in my pantry. I made this last minute so I didn't thaw any meat out and if I had some I would have added carrots and celery!


To finish off my Cold Weather Chaser I made myself a nice, official cup of Chai Tea complete with milk and sugar! YUM!


~KT

  


No comments:

Post a Comment