Wednesday, August 24, 2011

County Fair and Fiction Novels

Well it's almost upon us here in my county, the county fair starts tomorrow!!!! This morning/ day will be spent making and baking the baked goods I'm going to enter tomorrow morning! I'm so excited! This will be my second year entering things into the fair and as it looks right now I should have around 50 entries!

I was finally able to  finish my lovely crocheted Christmas afghan on Sunday too! It's perfect for on the couch this Christmas season! I'm so glad I was able to finish it before the fair and more importantly before the new baby comes! I can see me and the kids snuggled up on the couch this winter just hanging out, reading books and eating christmas cookies.

So I have to run to town and get a few things done this morning. I noticed an extra charge on my bank account so now I have to run down to the bank as soon as they open and make sure it's legit (I doubt it but have to check anyway) because there have been a lot of credit thefts going on in this area the past few months. They claim it starts with a few extra charges here and there and then BAM they get you. Well I noticed one extra charge and I'm going to nip it in the bud right away even though I have to haul the kids right into the bank by myself and go through my account.

On the other side of the title Fiction novels have been on my mind lately. Pretty much the past month lately. Specifically Christian fiction romance novels. Now, don't get me wrong! I don't have anything against CFR novels BUT I do have a problem with them myself because then I start thinking that my life should be more like that. When I mean "like that" I mean the guy always understands (translates to, my husband should always understand); the guy always comes around when he is needed most (my husband should always be there for me).... on and on in other words it puts me into the fantasy world that I get envious of because my husband is a man. Not woman in a mans body.

Once I started thinking about why I got all these ideas on what a man should be like in a relationship I realized I got my ideas not from reality or viewing other people's marriages growing up, rather I got my ideas from these CFR novels I had been reading since junior high. I know not everyone has that issue that I am describing so I'm totally not against other women from reading them (as I said before) but I do know that I don't want to pass that on to my daughter. I want her to know that men and women are different and are not going to react the way we want/expect them too. Men and women react differently because that is how God created us! From the Love & Respect study we are doing on our Sunday night group we learned that men and women are pink and blue, not wrong but different! Different is key here.

Reading the novels made me assume that men and women could be similar and romantical and all this other nonsense. It just doesn't happen that way. Since I got my head out of the sand, accepted my husband for the MAN he is (not a woman in a mans body) our marriage has gotten considerably better! I love the differences we have, it is what makes our marriage so special and fun and interesting! I'm a big girl and I don't need my hand held over every situation by my man. I just know that I get to lay next to him at night and know that if I'm going through a struggle he is praying for me. I don't have to be coddled like a lot of the women in the books. So I've given all my CFR novels away so they aren't in my house anymore and I don't think 'oh I loved this book, I will read it again' and get back in those thoughts again.

Now that I've gotten my thoughts straightened out and I'm living back in reality I can really say that my husband and I ARE "living our love song" (a song by Jason Micheal Carroll).

So whether or not you have the same problem I have with those books, enjoy the now and the differences in your spouse (if you're married) and you can live your love song too!
~KT

No comments:

Post a Comment