Monday, August 15, 2011

Pickles are done for the year!!!

This past weekend I picked cucumbers with my dad and then made 4 batches of dill pickles! I tried out 3 different recipes and was very careful to keep them separated and the next day I labeled them all and set aside the recipes to see which one we like the best! I am very excited to try them!

My pantry is getting fuller by the week thanks to the wonderful bounty our countryside has produced! Not to mention my garden! Now I have to work on applesauce from some sauce apples I have then it looks like carrots and tomatoes will be next in line! I am going to try out Dilled Carrots this year, should be fun!

Well I am busy planning a last minute camping trip so I have to sign off early this time!

Check in later!
KT

No comments:

Post a Comment