Thursday, June 7, 2012

Quick Chicken and Dirty Rice Dinner

With so many beautiful summery things to do and see I just haven't had much time to blog! Oh well! Here is a quick and easy recipe to go from the freezer/pantry to the oven in a matter of seconds! You could make it a one dish meal by adding some veggies (like beans or cauliflower or broccoli or even brussel sprouts)!


Quick Chicken and Dirty Rice Dinner

Chicken breasts (I use 4 for my family)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 pkg of Dirty Rice or any other flavored rice you like
2 soup cans full of water

~ Grease 9x13 baking dish. Preheat oven to 375F. Place chicken breasts in baking dish. Sprinkle the rice in the pan over the chicken. Mix the rice seasoning packet, cream of chicken soup and water together in a bowl. Pour over the chicken. Add veggies if desired and cover the pan and bake for about an hour until the chicken is done. 


A few other updates: The garden is coming up great... Except for my heirloom yellow crookneck squash. If I don't see them sprout by this weekend I will have to find some more seeds and replant! My baby is trying her hardest to get crawling! She gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth until her legs slip out and she's on her belly again. Oh, babies just grow up too fast! My oldest two are potty training well. It's interesting to see how #2 wants to learn just because #1 is! So cute! By the time the summer is over I might only have one kid in diapers! Yay! 


Well, off to finish doing some housework while we wait for dinner to get done cookin'!


~KT~

No comments:

Post a Comment