Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Laundry Soap

Last night my daughter went to bed ok, but after an hour woke up sick. I put a water vaporizer with some peppermint essential oil and she was able to sleep.

I woke up early this morning, got the animals fed, typical house cleaning done, then I decided to make some laundry soap.

I got a new recipe to try that is just a dry laundry soap and involves no water, no stove, no pans, pretty much no clean up! It is different also in the ingredient department too. It adds baking soda to the ingredient list AND adds the whole bar of Fels Naptha soap instead of just a 1/3 of the bar.

I quit making the liquid soap after my clothes quit getting clean. Sure, they smelled clean but the clothes felt grimy and just not fresh. So I went back to a "green" store bought laundry soap knowing I was over paying a lot of money for it.

Enter the forum I found and voila! Now I have so many ideas and tips from other women of like mind! One lady posted this recipe and I just whipped it up in no time!

I also found a few posts were some ladies were talking about using white vinegar was a laundry softener AND anti-static. I can't figure out how to do that without my clothes retaining that smell. I need to find out when to put it in my wash properly then I can have anti-static clothes naturally too!

Well I used up the last of my store bought detergent today so the next time I do laundry I will get to test my new laundry soap out! The nice thing with the recipe I just made is it fits perfectly into one of the big Organic formula containers I have! I'm so glad I hang on to them to repurpose them!

I know some people can get out of hand and start hoarding things, but if you can actually repurpose an item AND will actually do it instead of "someday" then go for it and repurpose! Otherwise just recycle/toss it out!

I really want to make my own homemade soap and dishsoap so that will be coming up soon, hopefully! I also found some people making their own shampoo! I would love to try that out and see how my hair does with it!

I was also figuring out what other herb seeds/plants I need to get for my little herb garden I am starting this spring!

There are just so many neat things to do with things on hand. I love it! Saving money, being creative, so cool!

Well I have to go wipe a running nose so signing off for now!
~KT

No comments:

Post a Comment