Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday!

I am taking a break from crafting until I can get some more fabric! For now I have been reading a cool book about tooth decay and how diet can prevent it. So far its very informative!

I also started a new diet and after a week I lost 7-8 pounds! I feel so much healthier! My husband is so supportive, even he is changing the way he is eating! I'm so proud of him! I'm blessed to be married to him!

Well both of my kids are teething, my daughter is starting that outgrowing-afternoon-nap stage. She has been going to bed earlier, but waking earlier too! I don't mind the getting up earlier thing a bit! I would rather see the sunrise AND sunset, than just the sunset :)

My son is so close to actual crawling it is so amazing! I still can't believe how fast little ones grow. I want to take advantage of enjoying them at this age. I can't go back in time so I might as well make the most of each day and cherish it. Even when things get a little rough (like 2 in diapers, 2 teething, 2 want the same toy...) Its unique and something I won't have with them again!

I have such a headache today and my stomach is queasy. The stomach bug is going around. Hope I haven't "caught" it! I was reading on a forum about Apple Cider Vinegar and the health benefits of it yesterday. I was reminded how it can help calm heart burn and upset tummy. I took a tablespoon this morning but I may need to take another one.

Later today I am going to do an oil treatment on my hair. All I do is rub olive oil all over my hair put a plastic shopping bag over my head, then wrap it in a towel to keep the heat in. Let it sit for about 30-45 minutes then I shower and wash it off. I did notice if I don't to a vinegar rinse I can't seem to get all the oil off my hair in one shampooing so I also do that.

I have been trying to figure out how to be more green clean and cost efficient too. To prevent static people have been using vinegar in their wash cycle somehow. I would like to figure out how to do that too. I hate static in the winter. Plus using a dryer is extremely expensive. A lady posted on the forum that she hang dries everything and if she wants to soften a pair of pants up before wearing she tosses it in the dryer for a few minutes and it was just like she dried them completely in the drier. I need to get a drying rack in my house. I think that would help with our electric bill. It's just one more thing I can cross of my list to get off-grid ready.

Someday I would like to be totally energy efficient. I'm tired of high energy costs when it costs practically pennies to make your self. With what my husband and I already paid in electric costs we could have a super expensive, top of the line solar/energy equipment and be making energy ourself.

We also are slowly switching to LED lights as we can afford it. They use even less energy than fluorescent bulbs. The only drawback is I still have to have a fluorescent bulb in my reading lamp because whatever way the LED is facing, that is where the majority of the light goes. We have one in our bathroom vanity and it works perfect because the vanity lights face downward! When we can afford it we will get 2 more for the bathroom so it will be even brighter.

I wonder if they make different kinds of LED lightbulbs that I could use in my reading lamp. That would be really nice!

I can't wait to get more fabric so I can start making useful things to sell on etsy! Meanwhile I think I will go through my crafting supplies and see if there is something else I can make to sell on their. Maybe some jewelry or something like that. When it comes to upcycling things, I think that is such a neat idea! I made cowboy boot purses out of old cowboy boots. It was so much fun! I can't wait to get my hands on some more old boots! It's a good way to save antique boots that no one will ever wear again!

Well I suppose I will sign off for today. I am going to keep thinking of ways to be more self sufficient and thrift savvy!

toodles,
KT

No comments:

Post a Comment