Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday!

Today I woke up and it was too wet and still misting out so I missed my outside devotions this morning. So I curled up on the couch with a blanket and looked out the window!

I am so thankful for where we live, the weather is just fabulous for my garden, pumpkin pie spice coffee, a good nights rest, and I am thankful for every time I feel Baby #3 kick. This baby isn't as active as my other two were, but maybe the baby is just warming up! We find out June 28th if Baby 3 is a boy or girl! I hope baby cooperates so we can get a good look!

I invented my own recipe yesterday morning for Strawberry Banana Muffins. I didn't have any eggs so I substituted applesauce instead. I didn't have butter so I had to use oil. I added some spices of course your flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar and of course the banana and strawberries! They turned out fabulous! My kids love them!

Dolly our puppy is doing well, she is starting to adapt well to us and she is starting to grow! It's crazy how fast puppies can grow in just a week! I am so glad that her and Bobby our cat get along! He is so patient with Dolly. He is a good family cat.

We are starting to downsize our chicken operation. I hate feeding chickens that aren't giving a return. I need 1-3 dozen eggs a week and they quit giving me an egg a day. So there goes my eggs! They are on their second laying cycle so apparently it's normal. I have five 4 month old pullet chicks that will start laying soon and I also have 3 or 4 six week old pullet chicks that will hopefully fill in that gap. We will also downsize to one rooster and call it a plan. We had over 50 chickens including our meat birds and that is just too much on my plate right now. I feel good about our decision for a 10 and under plan for chickens. Then I get enough good eggs for our family and cooking and I will be feeding them for a return. Once they are in their 2nd molt I will upgrade to more pullet chicks and can the old ones.

Today I have to bake my son's cakes for his party tomorrow. The lil man is turning ONE!!!! I can't believe I have been blessed with a whole year already! Praise the Lord! I am so thankful I can be a mommy, I have wonderful kids!

Well time to get to work! The lawn needs mowing, house a little freshening up for company tomorrow and of course, the cake!!! I will be sure to upload some pictures to share of Ruger's First Birthday Cake!

Another day to be blessed as a mama,
KT

No comments:

Post a Comment