Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pink Pancakes!


Okay, I needed to try out something new and remembered I had a bunch of canned beets. So I started thinking what I could do with the beets. Then I remembered reading a recipe for Pink Pancakes from the book "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld. I don't own the book so I decided to make my own recipe for pink pancakes! The wonderful think about pancakes is that once you have the base idea of what pancakes are "made of" then you can adjust and throw together anything you want to create anything you heart and tummy desires! Here is what I did:

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup milk
1 Tbl oil
1/4-1/2 cup pureed canned beets
2 tsp vanilla 
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Mix all together and cook like normal pancakes. I serve with a dash of powdered sugar and jelly on the side. Pancakes are just so much fun to make and easy to manipulate recipes to create just a fabulous and creative breakfast!

My kids just love pancakes so I know this will be a big hit!

~KT~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment