Tuesday, February 7, 2012

GF Cooking Adventures- Sour Cream Crumb Cake!

http://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/sour-cream-crumb-cake/

If you haven't seen this blog- GO there! The link above takes you to the recipe I made this morning. It looks fabulous! I may post pictures later if I have time. I really appreciate her recipes using minimal xanthan gum and GF AP flour mix. If it weren't for this blog and some similar ones like it there is no way I could have went GF. I mean no way, most of the flours are extremely expensive so it helps to be able to continue my love of cooking and baking in a more healthier beneficial way not just for me but for my entire family.

Not only has going gluten free made me feel better but it has also really grown my culinary tastes and experiences. I always thought cooking was easy and couldn't understand how some people just couldn't make it work. Well now minus gluten for baking and you have a whole different ball game! I was really surprised at how gluten is a total cheat for baking. It's like the cure-all for all your rising and baking woes. Take out the gluten and it shows how many true cooking skills you have. I love the adventure, I love the challenge and so far its been so much fun! All the experimenting I have been doing and getting creative with our meals has helped us eat a ton more veggies but also a more varied diet. I didn't realize what a culinary rut I was getting into.

Over all I'm so glad gluten makes me sick. With it my culinary tastes were boring, now we are tasting the rainbow of culinary tastes! Yeah! So there is a pot of gold at the end of the gluten free rainbow. TASTE!!!

~KT~

No comments:

Post a Comment