Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Reflections and Raindrops

The end of 2012 and all of 2013 were challenging for our little family, mostly challenging for me though.


Looking ahead to 2014, I have great hopes that this year will be better despite current circumstances. A quote I heard once " Without hopes, the heart would break". I wish I knew who to credit that quote with!

Reflecting back on the journey that brought us here has shown me that I am far more resilient than I ever thought, stronger than I thought, much more patient than I ever dreamed I could ever be and my faith and relationship in God has deepened and grown.

With that said, am I glad that life took us on this journey?

No and yes.

No, because I miss my family, I miss having my sister close by for coffee time, I miss having a house- a real house- a house of our own, I miss gardening and going on nature walks with the kids without watching out for predators. I miss *gasp* the humidity of the Great Lakes region, I miss Friday night fish fries, easy driving and good roads despite inches upon inches of snow falling. I miss snow. I miss the flora and fauna and knowing all the back roads by heart and who lives where and who is who in town. I miss our church family and small group and many other friendships and the moms group at church. I miss woods, water and farmland and rolling hills and fertile soil and water easily accessible. I miss so much and so often Montana has some huge boots to fill.

Yes, because it means we are going somewhere. I am not sure where that is as I have to re-learn so much here. Soil conditions, water rights, homeowners associations, where is the middle class here?! Hunting seasons, growing seasons, meeting tons of new people , learning the 'customs' of the west. . .

 Yes, because there is hope.

Hope to learn gardening and growing seasons.
Hope to meet new close friends and make a positive impact on the community by living here.
Hope to get established in a home, a real home for the kids to grow up in.
Hope to get land that isn't price gouged to take the kids on nature walks, grow an orchard and teach them useful country things.
Hope to get land where we can have animals Wisconsin style. Not ramshackle outbuildings.
Hope for us to get established or semi- established before baby #4 comes in June.
Hope to get into a healthy routine again. I miss blogging about our family's home-making adventures!

Hope.


It is hard to pinpoint what is the hardest part of moving across the country to a new altitude, climate and 'customs/culture'. For me though the hardest part is the mountains. Beautiful they may be they block the sunrise AND sunset. For me, those are my favorite times of the day.
Hope for the day to begin and wondering where the day will take us.
Hope for tomorrow as the sun sinks slowly beneath the tree line leaving behind streaks of passion for life in shades of red, orange, pink, purple or any other color reflected on any last trace of clouds above the trees.

Starting the day watching the sunrise sipping on coffee and then finishing the day watching the sun go down with a hug from my husband, it's no wonder I associate coffee with a hug in the morning!

So as 2013 has closed out I am glad to shut the book on that year and move forward to beginning to write out 2014.

The storm of 2013 is coming to an end and the sun is coming out on 2014!

Here is to a blessed and happy 2014 for me and my family and from us to you and yours!

~KT~

No comments:

Post a Comment