Thursday, January 16, 2014

Spring Preview

The past few days it has been a teaser for spring! It makes me feel refreshed and excited to think happy thoughts of getting my hands in the ground and having a garden!

Today is being spent smelling a candle burning, browsing seed catalogs and attempting to realistically plan a garden!

This will be my first "high altitude" garden in a new climate! Despite the higher altitude I am actually in an entire zone warmer! Instead of 4, I am now gardening in zone 5! So exciting to see what I will be able to do in the next few years!

While these are my usual January activities, this above-freezing weather has been getting me even more excited for spring!

So, while I finish up some crochet projects, plan my seed orders and read the 2014 Old Farmer's Almanac, I just can not help but smile and know in a few months I will be busy again outside in the dirt and sun!!! Busy as a worker bee, but so worth it to enjoy and savor the winter by reminiscing over the memories made in the summer and fall and looking ahead to the coming gardening and harvesting seasons! Yay for 2014!!!



Happy 2014 Garden Planning!
~KT~

No comments:

Post a Comment