Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Bright, Shining, Arctic Tuesday!

We've been so spoiled with a mild winter that this winter "cold snap" (isn't that term ironic?!) is really surprising!


So I'm just over here, sipping my coffee and watching my littles play in the house while I do some research!


This morning did not start out so great. Got some bad news about taxes, been struggling with the thievery going on since we moved in here (slowly we only have half the kids toys, missing some of my husband's spendy essential truck items) and never been able to catch the skunk. I saw a man once who was just about to come right into the house and I had fallen asleep watching a movie on the couch. So the tv was still on and you could clearly see me and the guy was still going to come in! Ack!

Then I was reminded, by an internet picture quote thing that read:
 "An entire sea of water can't sink a ship unless it gets in the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can't put you down unless you allow it to get inside you."
I am unsure who the credit goes to for that quote.


How true, though, that negativity can only affect us if we let it!!!
We are surrounded by negativity* but it can ONLY bring us down if we allow it to and focus on it.

*On the flip side we are also surrounded by positivity! Perspective is key here!!!
 

So, what started out as a "bad" day, got turned around into a "good" day just because I said so. I decided that I was can have a good day. 

Nothing in my circumstances changed, just my perspective/ attitude.


So, I encourage all my readers, if you are having a "bad" day, why are you having that "bad" day? 



~KT~

No comments:

Post a Comment