Sunday, October 16, 2011

Autumn Pumpkin Spice Cake ~ Super Easy~

I was craving cake today and remembered I had some leftover cooked squash in the fridge. Lucky me I already knew you can substitute cooked squash for pumpkin! So this is what I made, I am in culinary heaven right now! Yumm!!!

~Autumn Pumpkin Spice Cake~
1/2 cup oil
1 1/4 cup light brown sugar (lightly packed)
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 cup milk (or buttermilk)

* Mix together the first five ingredients in a large bowl. In separate bowl combine all dry ingredients. Add, alternating between the milk and dry ingredients until mixed together. Pour into desired greased pan (I used an 11x7 glass pan which was perfect) and cook in preheated 350F oven until done approx. 25-30 minutes until the toothpick test comes clean.

~Icing~
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 stick softened butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp rum extract (or you can omit this if desired)
milk to make desired consistency.

*Mix all together and slowly add milk to make the desired consistency. Also depending on how cool the cake is when you put it on also will determine the end result so it's up to you, the cook!
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment