Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Hair Past Autumn, A Step Towards Winter

Today I finally realized, with the passing of the majority of the leaves on the trees that winter is quick approaching us. The temperatures in the 40's isn't so bad but the wind makes it seem so much colder. Once all the corn is cut it really will seem like a day before snow!

We took down the garden fencing and posts, put away most of the outdoor stuff that needs to be stored for winter. Time sure flew by!

Since I am without a vehicle to run to town I decided today was a great day to make crock-pot bean soup for dinner. Since we still have homemade bread from earlier this week I think that will make a great combination. My daughter helped "cook" some cookie dough (which is now chilling) so we can make some pumpkin sugar cookies after her nap time. She is such a sweetheart! She loves pretending to cook, I may just have a little chef on my hands!

Here is the recipe for the bean soup I am trying out today:


Navy Bean Soup
  • 2 cups dried navy beans
  • 6 cups water
  • 1 quart canned tomatoes
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons celery flakes
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 3 brats (sausages),cubed
  • 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
  • 2 teaspoons garlic salt
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
~Mix all ingredients into crock pot and let cook all day~ 

I must say that is the ultimate fix it and forget it recipe! I just hope it tastes good! It sure smells fabulous, I did put the crock pot on high for now but later this afternoon depending on how well done the beans are I may turn it down to low.

Well still no baby yet, I am clearly getting random BH contractions every once in a while but nothing like I had this past weekend. What a teaser! I was so excited, well I still am and I can't wait for the baby to finally come!

Time for lunch, the kids nap time then I can finally get my "morning shower" in the afternoon! The kids woke up super early this morning so I wasn't able to fit in my morning shower but oh happy day I will sure enjoy it after lunch!!!

~KT~

No comments:

Post a Comment