Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekends

I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would write something. There are quite a few things I have on my mind to write about but I can't possibly write about all of them at once. I guess I will just try to post on each on this week. 

I have so many thoughts on being frugal, cutting costs, cloth diapers, having babies, cooking, working at home/working outside the home, and family life in general. Oh, did I forget to mention Christmas and Thanksgiving coming up too?!?!?! 

I have been having contractions every 20-30 minutes since this past Friday. They slow down to every 30 minutes after I go to bed but they continue throughout the night. I've had some other signs of early labor but not what I consider "active" labor yet - although I can tell I am dilating despite the contractions not getting "stronger" or "worse". I have so much pressure and lower back discomfort so I know that baby is getting ready to come out and meet the world! I know my husband and I can't wait to meet our new baby!!!

I have just about everything ready for the baby, so this is very exciting! It's just a matter of when. We aren't going too far from home because of the contractions not stopping. I remember with my son (2nd baby) I would have contractions for 10-12 hours but then they would stop for a few days then start back up again for another 10 hours then stop. 

A month ago I was dilated to 2.5 and effaced 25% so who knows what that would be now! They didn't do an exam at my last doctors appointment. Oh well :) I have to go each week now so it's curious to see (if baby doesn't come before my next appointment) what these contractions are doing. I also wonder if they will just go into active labor or just disappear. 

It's been a beautiful and blustery weekend this weekend. Most of the leaves in the yard blew away which is nice because it minimizes the raking we have to do later. 

For some odd reason I feel like making a cake today. Maybe that is a sign the baby is coming? I've had a weird hankering to make cake before each other baby was born. I made strawberry coffee cake before my daughter was born, strawberry shortcake before my son was born and I've been craving strawberry cake all day long. I think I will just make some vanilla cake with strawberry frosting. Not sure. Well off to make a cake, maybe after have a baby :D Only God knows! 

Loving the country life,
KT

No comments:

Post a Comment