Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Recap


I got a dozen orange roses with some purple accents! LOVE!!! My husband had a great eye in picking out flowers for me this year! Plus it was the very first dozen roses he has ever gotten me! I was absolutely ecstatic he got them for me!!!! He also got me a super nice card too, it's going on my bedside table!

We ended up going to the early service for church because our daughter got us up super early. Ha, our only day to sleep in and she gets us up with the birds! (Birds get up before the sun, for those of you not in the country!) Anyway we got our little family to church and they gave all the moms a little impatiens wrapped  in this thin plastic cloth tied with a string, what a cute idea! Then they gave out a potted flower to the oldest mom, mom with the most kid, and the mom with the youngest baby... Which turned out to be me! I was the only one there with a six month or less baby there! Which actually, when you think about it, isn't all that surprising. I couldn't get up for the early service for the life of me when baby girl was younger! In fact the only reason we went to the early service yesterday was because I knew I wasn't going to get any more sleep anyway! It was worth it! I got potted marigolds! I wasn't even going to stand up because for some reason I was a tad embarrassed but a friend of mine spotted me and told the lady up front I was there and I had a six month old. Thanks to her I got the potted flowers :) That was sweet of her, especially because  I wasn't going to stand up so I didn't miss out on them!

After church we came home and got changed into some more comfy clothes and went for a sunday drive. My husband also took me out to eat at one of my favorite places to eat out in the country! I had just a blast! By far it was the best Mother's Day I have had since having kids (haha, all 3 of them!). The weather was just gorgeous and it was so precious being able to spend time with my husband and kids yesterday. 

I was so involved with everything I totally forgot to take pictures! Oh well, I take plenty throughout the rest of the year so I guess I will be okay, skipping one Mother's Day pictures. 

After that we went over to my in-law's for dinner to see them, then we came home totally exhausted and went to bed! 

What a fabulous Mother's Day. I am so very blessed to have the husband and three kids that I have! I love them all to pieces! 

~KT~

No comments:

Post a Comment