Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Missing Sleep, voting and SPRING has sprung!





The culprit of my missing sleep at night! Yes, she still isn't sleeping through the night. I have no clue as to why, but some of my thoughts are leading to separation anxiety. She is such a little sweetheart!

On other news today I didn't have much motivation to do anything because I woke up a mama zombie. With missing so much sleep (my other two where sleeping through the night by 6 weeks and 3 months!), waking up with a headache and it being overcast outside I just wasn't motivated to get up and at 'em. Even coffee failed me this morning! Thankfully it got sunny and warm out just before lunch so I sat outside for a few minutes getting some vitamin D with the baby!

We also have to vote for primaries. I understand it's everyone's right to recall someone, but seriously. The guy one by a landslide the first time around. Sure, he made a lot of people from the other political party mad but so what. Now, instead of voting once last year and then of course the presidential election this year. I have to take ALL THREE kids out to vote today. HASSLE anyone?!

My new favorite political sign, sarcasm entirely intended: "Recall Santa: I didn't get what I wanted this year". Amen to that. I send you an e-hug whoever coined that sign. Today we vote to get one person from each party on the ballot. Then there is another election. Then I have to go back for the presidential. What a hassle. Voting is a hassle when you have a flock of little kids to take with you.

Okay, I am done complaining about the hassle of voting with a bunch of kids now !

On a more positive note: WE HAVE ASPARAGUS!!!! I picked some last night, steamed it up and served it with dinner and it was so wonderful to have food from our own backyard again! Fresh from the backyard I should say! I checked my asparagus that I had planted earlier this spring and I have two that are growing! I'm hoping I have more plants that come up, as I planted 6 or 7 of them. My strawberries are coming up as well! Yay!!! Some of the trees are blossoming and it's just so beautiful. I hope the lilacs start blooming soon! I just love the smell of the lilacs floating through the air when I sit outside!

Time to go get dinner started... Until next time!
~KT~

1 comment:

  1. Can you sign up for an absentee ballot and vote by mail?

    Sleep deprivation can make you nutz. Take care. I think the sunshine helps you both.

    Jealous of the asparagus. Don't think I can do that here, too cold. But it would be nice.

    Great blog. Found you from MJF site.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete