Saturday, January 14, 2012

Baked Apple Oatmeal


Today after getting out of bed and seeing the weather outside I thought it was a perfect morning for Baked Apple Oatmeal. It turned out fabulous like always and here is the recipe- it is super quick and easy to throw together in the morning and cook for an hour. Lovely!

~Baked Apple Oatmeal~
2 2/3 Cups Old fashioned oats
1/2 cup raisins or craisins
4 cups milk
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbl butter, melted(or at least softened)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 medium apples, chopped
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional

Preheat oven to 350. In 2 quart casserole dish mix all ingredients together. Bake uncovered 40-45 minutes until most liquid is absorbed. Top with the walnuts if desired. Serve hot with extra milk, yogurt or brown sugar on top!

(Now here is what I did, I used soft butter and threw it in the mix in small flings, I cooked the walnuts with everything else instead of using them as a topping. I also left the skin on the apples but only because they are organic.)

Now, time to enjoy my oatmeal with some coffee and get on with the rest of my day!
Happy Cooking!
KT

No comments:

Post a Comment