Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thrifty Fun; Living Life

Whew, so thankful the baby moved last night! I don't think I could have survived another day of not eating and hardly drinking any water! Yikes! Last night all of a sudden I felt the baby shift! It was pretty uncomfortable BUT considering how awful the whole day had been with having that heartburn it was almost instantaneous relief! Amazing!!! I'm guessing the baby was pushing up due center of my stomach forcing me to have reflux, except it felt more like heartburn instead of reflux. I remember having reflux with my son, oh that was awful but this was WAY worse!!! 

I'm glad it's over :) I love drinking water! Now I'm working on catching up and not getting dehydrated. 

Otherwise today we went to a few thrift stores. I'm pretty picky with what I buy and I was pretty disappointed at seeing the prices in the "thrift" stores. I hit sales on brand new stuff a lot cheaper than what they were selling their used and abused clothing at. I did manage to find two pairs of jeans for my husband, a nursing night bra for myself as well as a book. I checked the prices on baskets since I wanted to make my own fall/Thanksgiving decorations for the outside of the house as well as a few pieces to hang inside but I had to hold off after I saw how much the baskets (used at a thrift store mind you) were priced at. I went to Walmart (have I ever mentioned how much I hate that store) and they had over priced autumn decor as well. So I decided to take my time with decided on how to decorate my home for autumn.

So here is the autumn decor plan thrifty style: I am going to try to find a basket this weekend rummage saleing so I can put a few gourds in it for outside. I'm going to hang it on my double shepherds hook by the door leading into the front porch. On the other side I'm going to hang some "indian corn". I already have a bundle of corn stalks tied to the center of the shepherds hook. I'd like to find something to hang on the front door of the house and I'm thinking about making my own simple grapevine wreath and getting a very tiny gourd from the U-pick farm down the road and a few fake leaves from walmart. (They were priced at 94 cents each and I will probably get two colors to contrast the tiny gourd). Then I am going to hot glue those on the wreath and voila' what Walmart was selling for $20 I can have for 1.88 plus whatever the hot glue and gourd costs me. I have hanging material already so I don't have to worry about that. Then I just need a few gourds for the inside of the house and later on this month I will get a few pumpkins and put them outside the porch at the bottom of my corn attached shepherds hook. I can probably get away with keeping it that way until after Thanksgiving then it will be time to decorate for Christmas!!! Autumn and Christmas are my fave holiday's to decorate for!
Well now that I'm back from taking a break (I so needed to get out of the house after being laid up yesterday!) I need to get working on getting caught up with house work so I can keep on track for getting this place ready for baby #3!!! 

Today I am still thinking about that verse I posted yesterday, the part where it says "Choose Life". As I went shopping I couldn't help but noticed the people around me. Some where in a hurry, some looked like they were bored, some looked sad, some (including some moms with young kids) looked like they were struggling. Some where just lonely. A simple smile can go a long way. Not to mention having kids that love to smile, wave and say 'hi' to everyone that walks by. How many people go through this short life without actually living life?

After seeing all the different kinds of people I definitely want to choose life. As a mom with young kids I can't do much but what I can do is give that mom with young kids screaming a smile and let her know that I have days like that too, I can give the lonely elderly lady a chance to give my kids a hug because the poor thing is so lonely because maybe her family lives out of state. I can, with my young kids, hold the door open a little longer for the older guy with a cast on his leg because I'd want someone to help my grandpa out like that too.
You don't have to be rich, you don't have to have your ducks in a row, you don't even have to "have the time" to make a difference in someone else's life. Just by doing something you are making a difference.

A difference in someone else's day. A difference in someone else LIFE. Choose Life = Choose to LIVE life!!!

Livin' Life, 
KT

No comments:

Post a Comment