Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday's Thoughts: Therefore, Choose Life

Well I'm 32 weeks pregnant and have the longest lasting, absolutely worst case of heartburn ever!!! I was definitely feeling third trimester pregnancy hit me this past weekend and with some added stress from yesterday I hardly slept last night and woke up with this! 
So far I've pulled out all the tricks in the bag: Apple Cider Vinegar, Ginger, Real Ginger Ale (not the soda kind but not alcoholic either), Tea, I even tried conventional Tums to no avail! Then about a half hour ago I tried some lemon water and I decided to eat a few saltines. Saved by the savvy saltine? maybe, just maybe! I'll find out if the lemon water and saltines did the trick or not once I get off the computer chair! 

I think the real culprit of this whole things is stress. For some reason I can't handle stress very well during the last trimester of pregnancy especially. I did pretty well this whole pregnancy, save for one instance up until now. Yesterday just really threw the cat in the bag for me. 

So on this Tuesday afternoon as I de-stress by doing the Phil 48 workout I can't help but wonder how long it will take for my body to de-stress after I've mentally de-stressed? Hmm, guess time will tell! Stress is so toxic for our bodies, us humans weren't meant to live under all the stress that we do! It's toxic! That is why I feel it is even more important to properly deal with things, take care of things right away so they don't fester and once you do take care of things then let them go! Don't hang on to things of the past like jewelry? Why would you want to hold on to the past while the present is constantly happening? It's like wearing ankle and wrist running weights while you are trying to swim. It's stupid and ridiculous! 

So I am going to follow my own advice and deal with the stress head on, don't let it fester, get it over with and move on letting it fall behind me :) It kind of reminds me of this verse in Deuteronomy. 30:19 " I call on heaven and earth to witness against you today that I have presented you with life and death, the blessing and the curse. Therefore, choose life..."

No comments:

Post a Comment